24 May 2011

MY CAYMAN EATOUT PART2 • YOSHI SUSHI

Malibu Pineapple with lime







Today's restaurant is Cayman's very famous YOSHI SUSHI.   It's a Japanese SUSHI restaurant.

I am Japanese. My father is a Japanese sushi chef. I know when I'm tasting good food representing my country. I think they are doing a pretty good job considering that they adjust for a Caribbean taste. 

I always enjoy my side dish when I dine at YOSHI SUSHI Restaurant.

I think the reason is because I just can't find the special ingredients used in Japanese cooking on this island. It is the little things, the attention to detail that reminds me of home and makes me happy!

Pictured below is "Spinach with Sesame Dressing".
This one just hit the spot! (I loved it!)
GOMA AE
TEMPURA
Pictured above is "Palm and Vegetable TEMPURA". My favorite vegetable is Pumpkin!

They surprised me with cucumber this day. I think they caught me off guard because in Japan we don't use them for Tempura. But it was good.

SPECIAL ROLL
And... who dosen't like these!? 

The roll above is "BBQ Eel and Palm". The lower is Tuna with Avocado. Although Japanese people do not use Avocado for Sushi this is a brilliant idea. I know many people don't like eating Eel because of it's shape. I would urge them to TRY! I introduced a friend to try BBQ Eel once and they loved it!

Are you hungry for SUSHI now?


m :)


No comments:

Post a Comment